The Law Office of Robert Gross– New York’s Expert in Protecting Your Rights in Slip and Fall Cases

If you suffer injuries from a slip and fall accident due to the property owner failing to properly maintain walkways or stairs, then you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their property free from hazards, including but not limited to broken stairs and or hand rails, liquids on floors, faulty elevators or escalators, and debris on sidewalks or walkways. While you may have a valid claim for damages caused by the property owner’s negligence, their insurance company’s lawyers will try to discredit your claim to minimize any financial settlement or judgment. The New York slip and fall attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert Gross will vigorously protect your rights to ensure you receive the compensation for damages to which you are entitled.

Slip and Fall Injuries – Protecting Your Rights

Slip and fall injuries caused by a property owner’s negligence can be quite severe, such as Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), neck and back injuries, broken bones, and eye damage. Since these injuries can take a long time to heal or even cause permanent disability, the law allows for compensation for not only your medical bills, but also your lost wages and benefits, as well as pain and suffering. To assist our attorneys to prepare the most robust case possible, make sure to document the details of your slip and fall accident.

Some examples of the details of your slip and fall accident include the following:

  • The conditions where the accident occurred
  • The nature of the hazard
  • Did other people fall as a result of the hazard
  • Names and contact information of witnesses to the accident
  • Medical records documenting your injuries

If possible, take photos of the hazard and the area where you fell. Complete an accident report and obtain the police report of the accident, if applicable.
If you are recovering from a slip and fall injury caused by someone else’s negligence, contact the personal injury experts at the Law Offices of Robert Gross. Contact us today at (855) GROSS-LAW for a free legal consultation.

When you walk on property owned by a company, city or individual, you expect that property to be free of hazards. Dangers such as debris, trash, liquid, potholes, disrepair or poor maintenance can result in a slip and fall . Many of these injury-causing accidents could have been avoided entirely if the managing or owning individual had properly maintained, cleaned or repaired the area in question. This type of negligence can result in a vast array of physical injuries that can be very severe.

The insurance company has millions of reasons why falling down was your fault. We don’t let them get away with it. If you have been injured in any of the following types of slip and fall or trip and fall accidents in New York, the Law Office of Robert Gross can help you.


Common Accident & Personal Injury Cases:

  • Supermarket Slip/Trip and Fall
  • Department Store Slip/Trip and Fall
  • Sidewalk Slip/Trip and Fall
  • Defective Stairs
  • Defective Escalators
  • Defective Elevators
  • Crosswalk Slip/Trip and Fall
  • City Property Slip/Trip and Fall

Many of these accidents can result in severe injuries, such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), neck injuries, back injuries, broken bones/fractured bones, sprains, contusions/lacerations, dental damage, eye damage, ligament injuries, tendon injuries, etc.

You could be entitled to receive compensation for the financial losses and non-financial losses caused by your accident. For example, you could receive compensation for any and all medical bills, including hospitalization, follow-up visits, out-of-pocket expenses, medication costs, surgery, reconstructive surgery, dental bills and more. Depending upon the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of your case, you could also be eligible to file a suit against the owner/manager of the property in order to receive compensation for your non-economic losses such as loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, pain and suffering and emotional trauma.